DIPLOMA IN HALAL FOOD
The diploma in halal food assurance offers an opportunity for working executives to improve their professional qualification. The Diploma is designed to develop halal assurance skills and will help professionals to understand the functions and challenges faced by an organization in halal certification process. The program will cover theoretical aspects of halal assurance as well as focus on practical applications in real world food processing environment. The courses will cover lectures, case studies and situational problem-solving associated with organizations.
- Introduction to Halal
- Halal Terminologies
- Sources of Shariah
- Halal Food Safety and Standardization
- Halal Audit and Compliance check
- Halal Certification
- Food Safety and quality assurance
COURSE OBJECTIVES AND BENEFITS:
- Upon Completion of this course delegates will able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of Food Safety Management System.
- Principles, processes and techniques used for the designing / development and implementation of FSMS
- Understanding Standard requirements.
- Understand Industry specific food safety hazards
- Shariah Principles regarding Halal food management system.
- Auditing procedures
- Audit requirements
- Status of Food and non-food ingredients
- Slaughtering and stunning principles in Islam.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE – SLAUGHTER MAN AND ANIMAL WELFARE
HCB offer Halal slaughter qualifications for individuals wanting to work in the meat industry. The qualification is an SMAW level 2 program in the slaughter of animals, specific to each individual species. An initial theory session is followed by a period of practical training in an approved abattoir, facilitated by HCB, and completed by a final practical assessment of competency. Once qualified the individual is able to apply for a full slaughter license (Certificate of Competence) to enable them to work in any approved abattoir, for the species they are competent in.
HALAL COMPLIANCE COURSE
The Halal Compliance course has two parts, theoretical and practical. The theoretical part is concerned with six key areas:
- Islam, Halal and the importance of hygiene
- Food safety and quality management
- Halal auditing, HACCP and fraud
- Meat quality, further processing
- Animal welfare and Halal market’s trend
- Halal cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, genetics and health products