At the end of the course, participants will have a knowledge and understanding of:
- The religion Islam and importance of hygiene
- Theme of Halal
- Understand and increase the level of awareness on critical halal ingredients
- Understand the importance of standards in halal
- Understand how a halal audit is being conducted
- Share and apply the knowledge gained in today’s halal Industry
- Halal meat industry
- Halal’s industry misconceptions and malpractices
- Concept of animal welfare in Islam
- Overview of scientific development and researches of meat science
- Able to construct train their own staff and internal halal policy
The practical part of the course will involve at least 10 hours of placement (usually at the candidate’s own workplace). The objective of the placement is to allow candidates to analyse a ‘real’ issue and proposals for its resolution using knowledge and skills covered in the course, thus helping to integrate theory and practice and to develop good learning patterns for the future.
The course consists of 6 days over 6 months (1 day a month). Alternatively, it may be taken on a full time basis, over 5 days.
Candidates should have good technical and production experience at various levels and have a demonstrable grasp of the English language.
Who Is this course for?
Technical & operational supervisors, managers, directors, trainers, Islamic scholars and Mufti.